The Lehigh Valley PAHCOM Chapter ("We" or "Us") created this Privacy Statement to demonstrate Our commitment to your online privacy. This Privacy Statement discloses Our use and dissemination practices for information collected in the course of conducting business through and in connection with Our website www.lvpahcom.com (the "Website") and constitutes an agreement between Us and our website users ("You") regarding Your use of and access to the Website.
2. Privacy in Personal Information. We strongly believe in protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that refers or relates to our Website users ("You"). We explain what information We collect about You, how We use the information We collect, how We protect the security and confidentiality of such information, and what You should do if You have any questions or comments. Our commitment to You is clear: We do not sell, license or rent any personally identifiable information about You to any third party without Your express consent and will take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information You provide to Us.
We acknowledge that You have a right of privacy in all Personal Information that refers or relates to You. As used in this Privacy Statement, "Personal Information" means all personally identifiable information referring or relating to an individual person, including but not limited to such individual's name, addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card numbers and Financial Information which is provided by You to Us; and "Financial Information" means all credit card numbers and other financial account numbers and financial account information which is provided by You to Us.
3. Confidentiality/Security of Personal Information. We will respect the legal requirements regarding the privacy of Personal Information, and We are committed to complying with all applicable law. We maintain the security of Personal Information, and protect the integrity of Personal Information, with a commercially reasonable degree of care. Please remember that the security measures taken above are not foolproof; therefore, We can only state that We will make a reasonable effort to protect from unauthorized access all information that You provide. Therefore We can only state that We will make a reasonable effort to protect from unauthorized access the information that You provide, and that if we are notified of a breach, we will comply with applicable law, however, unless a statute provides You a right that cannot be waived, you specifically waive and covenant not to sue us for any data loss or breach of our system resulting in loss of Personal Information. We hold all Personal Information in confidence in perpetuity and will not use or disclose Personal Information except: (i) as specifically permitted or required by applicable law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (ii) as expressly permitted by You in writing or in this Privacy Statement; (iii) solely as necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction requested or authorized by You or in connection with processing a request submitted or authorized by You; or (iv) otherwise solely for the purposes of operating and providing products and services associated with Our organization and the interests of Our members.
4. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant to us that: (i) all Personal Information provided by You is true, accurate, complete and current as of the date You provide such Personal Information; (ii) You are the individual to whom all Personal Information You provide refers or relates, or You are otherwise expressly authorized by such individual to disclose such Personal Information to Us; and (iii) You shall promptly correct or amend all false, incomplete or outdated Personal Information that refers or relates to You, or was provided to Us by You, as it comes or is brought to Your attention. You agree to and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Us and Our employees, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries and clients against all third party claims and all related costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of or related to any breach by You of these representations and warranties or this Privacy Statement.
5. Information Collected. We collect the Personal Information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use this Site, for example, the information you provide when you become a member, create an account, register for an educational event, subscribe to e-newsletters, or send us questions and comments using our “contact us” page. This information may include, for example, Personal Information such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number; information about your organization; and Financial Information. If You choose to post feedback on the Website or reach Us by email, You may be asked to provide such information as Your name, address, email address, telephone and fax number, business name, business address, e-mail address, credit card, telephone and fax number. You may also be asked certain questions about You and/or Your business, which will help Us to better meet Your needs and respond to Your inquiries regarding the Website and/or Our various services featured on the Website.
In addition, We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your Web browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the address of the Web page you were visiting when you accessed this Site, the name and version of your operating system and browser, and the date and time of your visit. The information we receive depends on the settings on your network or Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please check with your network administrator or ISP if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave this Site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit this Site, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this Site.
7. Use of Personal Information.
a) By Us. We continually seek to improve the information, articles, events and content available to Our members or otherwise available on the Website. As part of this process, We collect Personal Information from Our members. We use Personal Information (other than Financial Information) that You provide to Us to improve Our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze Website usage, to improve product and service offerings and to improve and to customize Website content and layout. In addition, We may use Your email address, mailing address or phone number to contact You regarding information that You actively requested from or provided to Us. When You make a purchase for Our services such as becoming a Member or registering for an event, We may ask You to provide Financial Information such as credit card information so We can process payment for Our services. If You choose to give Your credit card information, that information is retained by Us and is used only to provide You with services that You have requested. Further, We may further be required to disclose Personal Information by court or administrative order such as a law, regulation, search warrant or subpoena.
Aggregate Data. At times, We may remove identifiable features from collected Personal Information (other than Financial Information) and use the resulting information for statistical, historic or other purposes, consistent with applicable law (the "Aggregate Data"). We may also provide third parties with Aggregate Data. For example, We might inform third parties of Aggregate Data regarding the number of unique page requests and the types of the activities users conducted while on our Website. Aggregate Data will contain nothing that can allow third parties to individually identify You, and will not contain any Personal Information that refers or relates to You. .
Informational and Marketing Materials: Opt In. When You provide Personal Information to Us, You will be asked if We may use Personal Information (other than Financial Information) about You to deliver information to You that, in some cases, is targeted to Your interests, such as an electronic newsletter or targeted educational seminar advertisements or promotions. You may opt in to receive these communications by providing Your contact information on the membership application form, and You may always change Your profile information to either opt out or opt in at a later time.
Third Party-Based Marketing Materials: Opt In. We have relationships with third parties that provide products or services that We believe may be of interest to Our members. In some cases We have joint marketing arrangements with these third parties, whereby We may share contact information (member names and either email addresses or regular mail addresses) with them so that they may contact Our members to offer their products or services. In all of these cases, while We do not necessarily endorse use of these products or services, We have at least evaluated the product or service and, most typically, many of Our members have indicated that these products or services are beneficial. You may opt in to receive these communications by checking the opt in box on the membership application form, and You may always change Your profile information to either opt out or opt in at a later time. We provide no Personal Information of any type to any third party without Your consent, which may be obtained by checking the opt in box on the membership application form which may be found at the Website.
WE WILL NOT KNOWINGLY DISCLOSE CONTACT INFORMATION REFERRING OR RELATING TO YOU TO A THIRD PARTY FOR THE PURPOSE OF THAT THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATING WITH YOU TO SOLICIT SALES OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES UNLESS YOU HAVE OPTED IN AND SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED US TO DO SO. FURTHER, WE WILL NOT KNOWINGLY DISCLOSE FINANCIAL INFORMATION REFERRING OR RELATING TO YOU TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN SOLELY: (I) AS NECESSARY TO EFFECT, ADMINISTER OR ENFORCE A TRANSACTION REQUESTED OR AUTHORIZED BY YOU; OR (II) IN CONNECTION WITH PROCESSING A PRODUCT OR SERVICE REQUEST SUBMITTED OR AUTHORIZED BY YOU; OR (III) OTHERWISE AS SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED OR REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGULATION, SUBPOENA OR COURT ORDER.
Business Transfers. In the case where We merge, sell Our business, or otherwise transfer operational control of Our business to a new owner, whether We do so directly or indirectly, You hereby authorize Us to transfer Your entire Personal Information to such purchaser, so long as such purchaser agrees to abide by the terms of this policy.
b) By You. We welcome everyone to search and use Our Website for free to locate information or products and services available to purchase. Additionally, We give You the opportunity to identify areas of interest for personalization of the Website. The information that You provide Us is used by Us and our business partners (if You opt in as described above) to provide You more focused information relative to products or services that We believe are of interest to Our members.
8. Extent of Obligation. This Privacy Statement is intended only to obligate Us to protect Personal Information to the extent required by applicable law. Therefore, while We shall endeavor to contractually require others who acquire or provide Personal Information from or to Us, such as Our employees and contractors, to comply with the principles and objectives of this Privacy Statement, You agree that We shall not be held liable for: (i) any improper use or disclosure of Personal Information by any person or entity not under Our direction or control; or (ii) breach of any duty or obligation set forth in this Privacy Statement which is greater than that required by applicable law.
9. Children and Minors. This Site is not directed at nor targeted to minors (under the age of 18). We do not use this Site to knowingly solicit Personal Information from or market to minors, and we ask that if you are a minor you not submit any Personal Information to us. If we learn that a minor has provided Personal Information to us through this Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
10. Change of Policy. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to the Website. However, We shall not apply any such changes retroactively to Personal Information previously collected. Your use of the Website constitutes acceptance of the provisions of this Privacy Statement and Your continued usage after such changes are posted constitutes acceptance of each revised Privacy Statement. If You do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement or any revised policy, You must exit the Website immediately.
12. Assignment. We may assign or transfer this Agreement, Personal Information and our obligations hereunder at any time and without prior consent to any corporate successor in interest, acquirer or other entity that purchases or otherwise obtains substantially all of Our business assets or stock, or to any parent corporation or entity, any subsidiary corporation or entity, or any of Our divisions that are operated as a separate business.
13. Updating Your Personal Information and Contacting Us. We allow you reasonable electronic access to all collected Personal Information that refers or relates to You to allow You to supplement such Personal Information, to correct all Personal Information that is false, incomplete or outdated, and otherwise for such purposes as permitted or required by applicable law. You can always contact Us in order to: (i) update the Personal Information that refers or relates to You; or (ii) direct Us to render inactive on Our systems Your user name, password and all Personal Information that refers or relates to You. We may be reached by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to us at email@example.com.